Thursday, July 14, 2011

Can you grade my SAT Essay?

It was a nice essay overall, but your writing is very simple and your diction is limited. You should practice combining some of your short sentences and using a broader range of vocabulary. Also, you might want to review some grammar rules, as I see some instances where you should have used commas and hyphens to separate sentence fragments. The essay seemed a bit short too me, and I don't know how much of the two-pages this would fill. However, I just want to point out that if you want a 5 or a 6, you should completely fill the two pages that you have. That would mean adding another body paragraph or developing the complexity of your main ideas. Hope you do well on the SAT -- but remember that colleges nowadays don't seem to care so much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment